Share This

Sunday, February 13, 2011

I love The Barn Rooms At The Farmhouse Inn


Fresh food and fresh interiors.


Not because I am a horsewoman.....
but I love the use of painted sliding/rolling barn doors
 in residential design.


I have used this element ( the rolling door )
in several difficult situations where a room needed to be divided
yet a pocket door was out of the question.
Also I have used this for closet doors.
It looks sharp.
I promise.



It is a pocket door {on the outside}
that adds a great deal of character to a space.
And they don't need to be white, or in the trim color of a room.
Try lacquered Chinese red.
Talk about the 'WOW FACTOR'
...... that's a guarantee! 

I love them!!!

Your thoughts?

ps
... it doesn't need to be a barn door.
I have had rolling doors done with stained glass, frosted glass.....
the possibilities are endless.
The way the door is finished and the handles
 will determine the design direction that you wish to go.



The Inn below was voted # 1 - check it out
go to the Farmhouse Inn
read article on the INN here
"The inn’s owners, fifth-generation Sonoma County farmers (and siblings) Catherine and Joe Bartolomei, know that you can’t start a day of hard work without a good breakfast. So I begin the day with apple sweetened ever so lightly with autumn honey."

Renée Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her BLOG..... Interior Design, Palm Beach, Boca Raton,Ft.Lauderdale,Design Service, Window Treatments, TurnKey Interior Design Service,Online Interior Design,the farmhouse inn, barn doors, rolling doors 

6 comments:

  1. Ooooo, Renee,
    I LOVE this home and, that barn door looks great. I would certainly love it in my home.
    This really is my cup of tea....the whole look.
    Love it. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really dig that idea It looks fantastic and i could also see it used in a more rustic type way as well with the rough distressed wood of an aging barn.
    Very clever, and looks functional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore barn doors too! So handsome without imposing on a space. I have a great link at TLPC for barn door hardware.
    They are also wonderful in a narrow hallway.
    Now i'm heading over to this charming Inn.
    Thanks for a great post Renee!
    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. love to all!
    sliding barn styled doors and the look of that inn and the thought of some good wine!
    xo
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now who would have thought these could look so good!
    Millie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the concept Miss R!
    You are sooo smart!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete


THE COMMENTS ARE WHAT MAKES A GREAT POST!!!

Thanks for participating!!

About Renée Finberg

I have been in this business since the age of 22.

I love what I do and cannot imagine my life without Design.

Design Challenges are great.

And because of those challenges

I have imported fine antique pieces from Paris,

Designed and Manufactured Furniture,

Created Fantastic Window Treatments,

And solved all kinds of spatial & architectural issues

With my unique style.

If I can't find it, I create it.

My rooms would make excellent movie sets.

I am a visual, tactile and audio sensitive individual.

Creating is what I live for, not math, not spelling, not science.

Just Great Design.

Just imagine how it would be if each of us,

If only for a few hours of everyday,We could be in a space that is our very own.A place that is exactly the way we want it to be

Surrounded by all the things we wanted to see,

The atmosphere we wanted feel, smell and the sound we wanted to listen to.

Private Paradise

AS FEATURED IN:

AS FEATURED IN:

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Adventures in Design by Renee Finberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.reneefinberg.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at reneefinberg@gmail.ocm.

Protected Journalist