In my many years in the interior design industry, one thing I have to have is a great workroom. I am nothing without a brilliant upholstery man, and the artful hands of the seamstress that will make my window treatments.
with shame and embarrassment ?
I have, just once !!!
- Workmanship, Workmanship, Workmanship = QUALITY.
This includes top of the line hardware that is securely installed, you do not need it falling down on your client because of a installer who is rushing.
- When it is installed it is perfect, the length and mounted at the proper height ,etc.
- If it is not, it is taken back and returned /installed within 5 business days, without any conversation or ' who is to blame.’
- The workroom always measures everything, and determines yardage, trim, and hardware of all materials needed for the job. If this little rule is followed, you will never be blamed for any screw-ups. (Unless you ordered the wrong fabric or trim, and that is too scary to discuss) So,Guess Who will not be eating the fabric, trim, and labor costs for lunch ? ..........You !
- Remember, paying a higher fee for an excellent workroom is exactly like having insurance on your design and manufacturing process.
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her BLOG.....
All picture credits from : www.jonasworkroom.com