Share This

Monday, September 13, 2010

Only For Those Who Love Them...

I'd rather have a goddam horse.
A horse is at least human, for God's sake.
~J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
A lovely horse is always an experience.... 
It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words. 
 ~Beryl Markham
...with that being said, 
here are more quotes that are special to me.
It is not enough for a man to know how to ride; he must know how to fall.  
~Mexican Proverb
The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears. 
 ~Arabian Proverb
God forbid that I should go to any Heaven in which there are no horses.  
~R.B. Cunninghame Graham, letter to Theodore Roosevelt, 1917
Horses - if God made anything more beautiful, he kept it for himself.  
~Author Unknown
A horse doesn't care how much you know,
 until he knows how much you care. 
 ~Pat Parelli
He knows when you're happy
He knows when you're comfortable
He knows when you're confident
And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown
Four things greater than all things are, 
Women and Horses and Power and War.
~Rudyard Kipling, "The Ballad of the King's Jest"
A canter is a cure for every evil.  ~Benjamin Disraeli
If your horse says no, you either asked the wrong question, 
or asked the question wrong.  
~Pat Parelli
The hooves of horses!
Oh! witching and sweet
Is the music earth steals from the iron-shod feet;
No whisper of lover, no trilling of bird,
Can stir me as much as hooves of horses
Have stirred.
~Will H. Ogilvie
The daughter who won't lift a finger in the house 
is the same child who cycles madly off in the pouring rain 
to spend all morning mucking out a stable.  
~Samantha Armstrong
A Horseman should know neither fear,
 nor anger.  
~James Rarey
My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder
He carries me away from all my fears
And when the world threatens to fall asunder
His mane is there to wipe away my tears.
~Bonnie Lewis
When I bestride him, I soar,
 I am a hawk: he trots the air; 
the earth sings when he touches it; 
the basest horn of his hoof 
is more musical than the pipe of Hermes. 
 ~William Shakespeare, Henry V
...I heard a neigh.  
Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was!  
My very heart leaped with delight at the sound.  
~Nathaniel Hawthorne, 

A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - 
strong, powerful, beautiful -
and it has the capability of giving us 
escape from our mundane existence.  
~Pam Brown
A horse is worth more than riches.  ~Spanish Proverb

I love the one below, and it is so very true.
Reading it reminds me, and takes me to the best memories of my life.
Again the early-morning sun was generous with its warmth.  
All the sounds dear to a horseman were around me - 
the snort of the horses as they cleared their throats, 
the gentle swish of their tails, 
the tinkle of irons as we flung the saddles over their backs - 
little sounds of no importance, 
but they stay in the unconscious library of memory.  
~Wynford Vaughan-Thomas



I hope you enjoyed this.
I did very much. 
And now...
I have this post to return to 
should I need another visit.
XXX's

horsie pics - go here
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her BLOG..... Interior Design, Palm Beach, Boca Raton,Ft.Lauderdale,Design Service, Window Treatments, TurnKey Interior Design Service,Paint selection, Floor-Plans,Online Interior Design, Design Center of The Americas, D.C.O.T.A., horses Share/Save/Bookmark

20 comments:

  1. Once upon a time...in my youth we bred Australian ponies ( a small thoroughbred in looks) then I had children and they sort of took precedence. I love this page I am going to bookmark so I can come back too!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh julienne,
    i was hoping you would like it.

    see...
    it is not such a bad idea.
    me living in the stables behind your new place!!!

    lol
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These images are all so beautiful. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great imagery and inspiring words Renee.

    Love, love, love it!!!

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photograph and words. By all definitions of beauty, the horse is so elegant, proud...such class

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee,
    This is a marvelous post. The
    horses eye is like a mirror.
    Great quotes and beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee,
    This is a marvelous post. The
    horses eye is like a mirror.
    Great quotes and beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, I'm not even a horse person and you made me cry.

    maybe if i knew one i would love them too.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to get a horse but at this stage in my life I doubt that will happen.
    Two of my favorite movies are Seabiscuit and Hidalgo with Vigo Morgansen....so moving!!!!!
    xxx
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love horses! I was driving down a country road yesterday and I saw a woman riding one, the sun was setting and it was so beautiful! Speaking of which, love your blog! I am always looking for new design blogs, so happy to be your newest follower! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  11. jane............you old softy.

    they are good tears.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Macarons on their way! And rest assured IF we finally get a place with stable you can move right in! Julienne xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mrs. E. has wonderful stories of her pony, Andy. Although she was kicked in the head by a horse as a child, she still loves them. She just approaches them a bit more cautiously.

    ReplyDelete
  14. julienne,

    now,
    that's what i'm talking about!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous post... and the video was incredible... i can only imagine the rush you feel when you see it. will you teach me how to ride? i was on a horse once as a child... and i loved it... dont know why growing up in colorado that i never learned... crazy..

    i would love to watch you ride... sooo fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. love and pure joy with amazing beauty
    xo
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos of such a great animal....I love them owned some on our farm in Margaret River Western Australia...however grew up and moved to the City.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved this beautiful horsie post. The Salinger quote is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photo's. I had a pony growing up and have not ridden in years! It brought back so many wonderful memories looking at this post! Axx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just saw this,,,and of course was mesmerized! Love...and I love your mom's comment..Their eyes ARE like mirrors!

    ReplyDelete


THE COMMENTS ARE WHAT MAKES A GREAT POST!!!

Thanks for participating!!

About Renée Finberg

I have been in this business since the age of 22.

I love what I do and cannot imagine my life without Design.

Design Challenges are great.

And because of those challenges

I have imported fine antique pieces from Paris,

Designed and Manufactured Furniture,

Created Fantastic Window Treatments,

And solved all kinds of spatial & architectural issues

With my unique style.

If I can't find it, I create it.

My rooms would make excellent movie sets.

I am a visual, tactile and audio sensitive individual.

Creating is what I live for, not math, not spelling, not science.

Just Great Design.

Just imagine how it would be if each of us,

If only for a few hours of everyday,We could be in a space that is our very own.A place that is exactly the way we want it to be

Surrounded by all the things we wanted to see,

The atmosphere we wanted feel, smell and the sound we wanted to listen to.

Private Paradise

AS FEATURED IN:

AS FEATURED IN:

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Adventures in Design by Renee Finberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.reneefinberg.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at reneefinberg@gmail.ocm.

Protected Journalist