Share This

Thursday, December 9, 2010

See Only The Color Palettes

1
Try when you view this post
NOT TO SEE ANY PATTERN OR TEXTURE.
Just take in the colors in each image.
(including hair and skin)
Or the lack of color-
depending on who you are and what you like.
I am not one that loves working in pale 
or neutral palettes.
It is hard for me.
2
I started this post with all very pale colors 
yet I still had to put a few in with dark browns and black.
I have to ' come clean' with you.
I love BLACK.
*I am careful not to scare clients with this information.
3
It is not that I want huge amounts of black in an interior....
it is just that
for me,
it adds a 'sharpness', 
drama, 
or it just can add an anchor to a room for me.
4
Take in the auburn hair as well.
I did the most gorgeous living room, 
dining room, and media room 
in browns, blacks, coppers and creams.
So rich.
So sexy.
5
This is yummy
6
I could do this....
I think I will.
7
And this is a hot theme right now.
The younger clients seem to request this ice blue and cream combo
 more than the middle aged.
The way older client loves this color scheme as well.
I think it is a left over love for the blue and rose combination.
Which BTW-
makes me sick.
8
Again...
I could do this one.
9
Again rich and SEXY.
10
Remember the color 'mushroom?'
oooh....
that is giving away my age.
11
12
13
This very pale pink is lovely.
It is almost not there.
I like that.
14
15
16
17
A hint of purple or lavender, with the palest pink. 
and camel or nude.
18
Don't look at the patterns.
Roses, cream and charcoal.
19
Now...
 we are really talking taupe or mushroom!!!!
I love it.
20
Gorgeous colors.
21
22
The palest blue and grey with beige.
Very elegant.
23
(Try and ignore her nasty belly button.
I think she just too out her tummy rings-
Yuck.)
These colors are a nice combination.

Which were your favorite color combinations in this post?
And how do you feel about pale and neutral color combinations
 for your home?



Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her BLOG..... Interior Design, Palm Beach, Boca Raton,Ft.Lauderdale,Design Service, Window Treatments, TurnKey Interior Design Service,Paint selection, Floor-Plans,Online Interior Design,no patterns, just the color palette,  neutral color palette Share

13 comments:

  1. Oh dear I am so No 2, 4 and 9 and I would so like to be 13 and 22!
    You are such a warm girl.
    Do you think they could have retouched these photos? Perhaps the belly button thing and the blister in no 3 might have been better for a quick disappearance!!
    Renee they are all beautiful colour combinations but they are very grown up and sophisticated!!!!!!
    As for mushroom, may it never darken my door again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous and very clever post Renee. This just proves why you are the interior designer and I'm not !!!! You certainly know your craft.
    I have to say that I'm a neutral girl at the moment. I have been through many interior changes.....in the '70's I was into victoriana and art nouveau, but now, I love all of my Victorian firplces and original features, with a much more neutral look.
    Without trying to get out of having a favourite colour combination here, I really do love all of them. The thing is, we all have to choose one when we are decorating and, I love the fact that everyone loves different things. My friend is an artist and potter and her home is a riot of colour and very eclectic. I love her home, as it is such a reflection of her personality but, my home is completely different. As they say, it would be a very boring world if we all liked the same thing.
    Sorry, I've rambled on. To clarify....whites, beiges and even a bit of mushroom would be my choice !!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you...I love black too and try to sneak it in when I can! Love the colors (and textures) you highlighted here. You and your creative genius to see this picture probably from a fashion magazine and come up with what you did. Clever and gifted.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. my faves are 19, 20, 21, 14, 11, 5 and 3 sans the blister.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. jules,

    isn't that blister yucko?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't find a non air brushed face -but blisters and funny belly buttons are okay, hmmmm. I love neutrals a little bit too much, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be the DNA. I also like a bit of black or a dark brown.
    Remember the study with the cork walls? That room was an important
    room to you as a teen.
    Sound proof. LOL
    The camels and creams are good they have to have something for PUNCH.
    That dates me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 4 and 9 are my favs!! I tried extra hard to only notice the colors- I think that may be why my eye was immediately drawn to the sore on her foot YUCK! HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. R...One of your best posts ....I love the cream/gray/soft blue.....but love cream with most any color...K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pic#3

    Fashion has its disadvantages- like footwear that looks good, but leaves you with blisters on your feet

    ReplyDelete
  11. omfg I absolutely *adore* these pictures. it's like wholesomeness named, and that's why you said, in other words, take it all in at once, but it wasn't difficult for me.. it's like Native Americans but better, the New Americans. :)

    man i'd get with that. so warm, and natural..
    except the high-heels. sigh. why can't women be just honest about their height.. or try to remove themselves from the pedestal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love camel colors and skins!
    I think I told you that - but I go back to this blog and look at the photos to see them again.
    So much texture - its great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks ro.

    i am glad you like this one.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete


THE COMMENTS ARE WHAT MAKES A GREAT POST!!!

Thanks for participating!!

About Renée Finberg

I have been in this business since the age of 22.

I love what I do and cannot imagine my life without Design.

Design Challenges are great.

And because of those challenges

I have imported fine antique pieces from Paris,

Designed and Manufactured Furniture,

Created Fantastic Window Treatments,

And solved all kinds of spatial & architectural issues

With my unique style.

If I can't find it, I create it.

My rooms would make excellent movie sets.

I am a visual, tactile and audio sensitive individual.

Creating is what I live for, not math, not spelling, not science.

Just Great Design.

Just imagine how it would be if each of us,

If only for a few hours of everyday,We could be in a space that is our very own.A place that is exactly the way we want it to be

Surrounded by all the things we wanted to see,

The atmosphere we wanted feel, smell and the sound we wanted to listen to.

Private Paradise

AS FEATURED IN:

AS FEATURED IN:

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Adventures in Design by Renee Finberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.reneefinberg.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at reneefinberg@gmail.ocm.

Protected Journalist