Share This

Monday, August 11, 2008

Armless Sofas and Chairs







This is a room I custom made an armless sectional for.This space was so small - it was a breakfast area, the client wanted it to be a family room/media room.
In the end it did work out well. I used Wall Mounted flat screen TVs
and custom media towers that were very shallow and hid a myriad
of problems.

I can not say enough about armless chairs and sofas.
There are no arms to go out of style. I love that !

Something else I love about an armless sofa is
that you gain approximately 24” in a room.
With some of those tiny spaces that architects and builders
have the nerve to call rooms you can actually make a functional
living room or den with these armless pieces.

When designing my jobs, that is one of my little tricks
I try and incorporate in the design of a tight space.

I want everything to look current but have a Timeless & Classic feel.
And if you skirt the sofa, there are no legs to look dated either.
Today most sofas legs can be changed. They literally screw on and off

What is of greater value than to be able update your room by a fresh paint job,
Maybe recover a piece or two,
new fabric throw pillows and a few interesting accessories ?


http://www.mgbwhome.com/Rennie_chr_uph.asp
Bloomingdale's Furniture carries this line.

To make a sectional do not forget you will need a corner or 1 of the pieces made
with a corner as part of the sofa.

1 comment:

  1. In recent past arms were added and legs were taken off and called as sofa. But now armless sofas and chairs is a fashion and many are planning to buy them.

    Good to know...........

    Sofas

    ReplyDelete


THE COMMENTS ARE WHAT MAKES A GREAT POST!!!

Thanks for participating!!

About Renée Finberg

I have been in this business since the age of 22.

I love what I do and cannot imagine my life without Design.

Design Challenges are great.

And because of those challenges

I have imported fine antique pieces from Paris,

Designed and Manufactured Furniture,

Created Fantastic Window Treatments,

And solved all kinds of spatial & architectural issues

With my unique style.

If I can't find it, I create it.

My rooms would make excellent movie sets.

I am a visual, tactile and audio sensitive individual.

Creating is what I live for, not math, not spelling, not science.

Just Great Design.

Just imagine how it would be if each of us,

If only for a few hours of everyday,We could be in a space that is our very own.A place that is exactly the way we want it to be

Surrounded by all the things we wanted to see,

The atmosphere we wanted feel, smell and the sound we wanted to listen to.

Private Paradise

AS FEATURED IN:

AS FEATURED IN:

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Adventures in Design by Renee Finberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.reneefinberg.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at reneefinberg@gmail.ocm.

Protected Journalist