Share This

Monday, August 11, 2008

Painted Cabinet from : San Miguel Allende

Well, according to all the Home Furnishing Journals....Painted Furniture is on it's way back ! Did it ever really go away ?

Back in the early nineties I was designing at a small Home Furnishing Place in Boca Raton called 'Casa Casa', we eventually opened another store on Worth Avenue in Palm Beach across from 'Devonshire' ( I think that is the name ) and just down the street from 'Johnny Brown'.

We did very well with this stuff. The stores were opulent, alot of eye candy. This piece is not a very good example of what they can produce in Mexico. And this would have been inexpensive compared to our other custom painted pieces.

At any rate , I could never live with more than one piece of it. But it would really have to be right. I guess in all those years I never did find one I could live with, because even though I could buy it below cost....there are none in my home.

I have to admit I was relieved when I was out of that store and started my own business.
I found it like wearing handcuffs to work with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment


THE COMMENTS ARE WHAT MAKES A GREAT POST!!!

Thanks for participating!!

About Renée Finberg

I have been in this business since the age of 22.

I love what I do and cannot imagine my life without Design.

Design Challenges are great.

And because of those challenges

I have imported fine antique pieces from Paris,

Designed and Manufactured Furniture,

Created Fantastic Window Treatments,

And solved all kinds of spatial & architectural issues

With my unique style.

If I can't find it, I create it.

My rooms would make excellent movie sets.

I am a visual, tactile and audio sensitive individual.

Creating is what I live for, not math, not spelling, not science.

Just Great Design.

Just imagine how it would be if each of us,

If only for a few hours of everyday,We could be in a space that is our very own.A place that is exactly the way we want it to be

Surrounded by all the things we wanted to see,

The atmosphere we wanted feel, smell and the sound we wanted to listen to.

Private Paradise

AS FEATURED IN:

AS FEATURED IN:

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Adventures in Design by Renee Finberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.reneefinberg.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at reneefinberg@gmail.ocm.

Protected Journalist