Share This

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Venice Carnevale Photo Gallery

If only I could wear a mask at this ball in Venice.



Does this look like fun to you?
The costumes are elaborate and all 18th Century.
BTW
my favorite century.

Ahhhhhhh.....
If only I could time travel!!!



The Winged Lion of St. Mark

This yearly ball in Venice 
would be the closest I will ever come to actual time travel.

Just imagine the fine memories this young girl 
will have of this special evening!!!

If given the opportunity 
would YOU go to  
The Tiepolo Ball in Venice?

I wouldn't miss out 
on that glorious opportunity.
NO WAY!!



if you liked this post of mine about wearing a mask HERE

read about Charlie Chaplin's Venice HERE


for sale on 1st Dibs
Liz & Richard 
at the Save Venice Ball


Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Blog of her Adventures in Design,Owner of 'The Trade' Interiors, ,Boca Raton,Palm Beach,Boca Raton Florida,All custom upholstery,case-goods,window treatments,Antiques, Accessories and Antique accessories, built-ins, and all built in seating,The Tiepolo Ball in Venice, 18th century costumes, 18th century costumes

12 comments:

  1. So royal! Nothing more fun than a ball, especially when you can wear a mask!
    Hope that you have a nice weekend planned.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would.

    We have a painting in our home, our living room, entitled Carnevale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruce,

    i would love to see it

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come to New York for the Save Venice ball! we will be all glam'ed up with masks to suit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES, YES, YES! now how do we get an invite?
    xx
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5th and state

    when i figure it out....
    YOU will be the first to know!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just make sure it's an invite for at least two as I have the masks! (UK daughter brought them back from Venice...just magic!
    I hope that little girl was awake long enough to have the memories!!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had never heard of this Ball Renee. I'm right there with, and if you ever perfect that time machine, let me know. We will travel back together to one of my favourite eras also :-)

    Things picking up?
    Di
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we all wear some sort of mask at times in our lives..

    If I weren't using a cane I'd love to go to that ball.
    It is cold here. Enjoy your sun.
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  10. la petite

    i know we do...
    sometimes you must wear a mask!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yonks / Di

    that is so very nice that we are into the same ERA.
    how cool would that be......if we could time-travel and meet up!!!

    and yes, thanks for asking...
    things are picking up.

    XXX & a big hug

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought it was Palm Beach.....!xo Maryanne

    ReplyDelete


THE COMMENTS ARE WHAT MAKES A GREAT POST!!!

Thanks for participating!!

About Renée Finberg

I have been in this business since the age of 22.

I love what I do and cannot imagine my life without Design.

Design Challenges are great.

And because of those challenges

I have imported fine antique pieces from Paris,

Designed and Manufactured Furniture,

Created Fantastic Window Treatments,

And solved all kinds of spatial & architectural issues

With my unique style.

If I can't find it, I create it.

My rooms would make excellent movie sets.

I am a visual, tactile and audio sensitive individual.

Creating is what I live for, not math, not spelling, not science.

Just Great Design.

Just imagine how it would be if each of us,

If only for a few hours of everyday,We could be in a space that is our very own.A place that is exactly the way we want it to be

Surrounded by all the things we wanted to see,

The atmosphere we wanted feel, smell and the sound we wanted to listen to.

Private Paradise

AS FEATURED IN:

AS FEATURED IN:

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Adventures in Design by Renee Finberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.reneefinberg.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at reneefinberg@gmail.ocm.

Protected Journalist