Share This

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The August Sale....And My Best White Jacket

I suppose that I have mentioned that every year 
( YES.I made it more than a year....July 14th was 1 year for me)
we have a huge, crazy, nutty sale.
If I haven't mentioned it.....I will now.
It is stressful.
I am so not kidding.
And I know I have mentioned many times what a huge adjustment 
this has been for me to work in sales.
Not just in sales......
But, on the premier, hard core, real deal, best furniture selling job in town.
This takes guts and courage daily.
After all ....
I am just a 'creative type.'
Not really a 'flesh eating' type.

see above-
'flesh eating type'
and hasn't he done well for himself?
see above;
will say or do anything for a sale type.
But this chic is scary. Really scary.
here is the 'will do anything' type.....
When I first started I had a few giving me a hard time,
(see above)
and now they are my allies.
Thank G-d for small favors.
In fact we are pretty close.
And she does look just like that!
And then there is me......
I am freaked out about going into work today.
I have to work late - until 9pm
There are 2, 
I mean 3 people who are deadly towards me 
and I will be working alone with them tonight.
No allies.....
Just me and the other 3 devil dogs.
Wish me luck.....
this is so stressful.
Perhaps I will wear my good white jacket to work today.
What do you say?
At least I will fit in!!!!!

When will August be over ????


Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her BLOG..... Interior Design, Palm Beach, Boca Raton,Ft.Lauderdale,Design Service, Window Treatments, TurnKey Interior Design Service,Paint selection, Floor-Plans,Online Interior Design, Design Center of The Americas, D.C.O.T.A.,fitting in, working on a sales floor, having and not having allies, stressful environments  Share/Save/Bookmark

12 comments:

  1. I've got your back sista, although too far away to be a threat this weekend. But, I wield a mean laptop. Yes, thank the Lord you have allies there at work, it can make or break a gal. I so know what it feels like to work a shift with those who are not in your corner. Can make for one really..long..day. Just hope you can "feel the love" from all of us who adore you as go to work today? No go 'whistle while you work' and kick some butt.
    xoxo love ya Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops forgot, "congratulations" for making it one full year +. This must not go without praise. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you just flew over the
    cuckoo's nest. You are so funny
    HANG in there Renee. This made me laugh, Can they really be that awful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Renee,
    Well, if you can survive a year there then you must be doing a lot right.
    You are a class act so go in, wearing that white jacket with pride.
    Once more into the breach, Renee !!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there and congrats on making it through 1 year!

    Oh and do wear a stiff jacket just in case any of them bring their claws out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sweet Friend! Woohoo to you that you made it in 'that' place for over a year now. Proud of you and you have held your head high and not stooped to the levels of your coworkiers. Holding your hand and big tight hugs.
    love ya Girl...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. uggggg..
    i am home now.
    it wasn't as horrible as i thought it would be.
    why do i put myself through these
    stressful panic attacks?

    i kept myself busy and away from the nut-bags.

    i love you guys.
    and yes...
    the love i feel from my 'bloggies' get me through some tough days.

    XX's and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you're reading this, you're home and you did it.

    knew you would kiddo, we're all here waiting for you and cheering you on.

    BIG hug, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Renee,
    Congrats on making it one year! I know how hard retail can be! I was a women's sportswear designer a long time ago and moved ot CA. I wound up working in Nordstoms for a bit in the same department my cloting was in! Working retail truly tested my survival skills!!!
    Hang in there!
    xo
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  10. debi...

    test?

    this is really and truly the test of my life time.
    or it sure feels that way.
    everyday.

    xxxx thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you kept those Devil Dogs at bay. That year went quick! We need to raise our glasses to you.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uh Oh!!! I hope you survived!!!!

    ReplyDelete


THE COMMENTS ARE WHAT MAKES A GREAT POST!!!

Thanks for participating!!

About Renée Finberg

I have been in this business since the age of 22.

I love what I do and cannot imagine my life without Design.

Design Challenges are great.

And because of those challenges

I have imported fine antique pieces from Paris,

Designed and Manufactured Furniture,

Created Fantastic Window Treatments,

And solved all kinds of spatial & architectural issues

With my unique style.

If I can't find it, I create it.

My rooms would make excellent movie sets.

I am a visual, tactile and audio sensitive individual.

Creating is what I live for, not math, not spelling, not science.

Just Great Design.

Just imagine how it would be if each of us,

If only for a few hours of everyday,We could be in a space that is our very own.A place that is exactly the way we want it to be

Surrounded by all the things we wanted to see,

The atmosphere we wanted feel, smell and the sound we wanted to listen to.

Private Paradise

AS FEATURED IN:

AS FEATURED IN:

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Adventures in Design by Renee Finberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.reneefinberg.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at reneefinberg@gmail.ocm.

Protected Journalist