Share This

Friday, November 12, 2010

Once Upon A Time

There was a brother and sister that had lost their parents.

Sadly,
 they went to their Mother and Fathers home in England
that was not far from Heathrow airport.
The brother and sister started to clean up the house 
to get it ready to put it on the market.
While going about the business of cleaning,
there was the very dusty attic to deal with.
Amongst the things that they found
  was a long forgotten vase 
that was on it's side and covered with dust.
They dusted it off ,and along with many other trinkets.
they brought this vase and everything else 
to an auction house.

And if you can imagine....
"The delicate, decorative 16-inch vase 
started at a not-inconsequential $800,000, 
but after a half-hour of unexpectedly spirited bidding, 
the gavel fell at $69.5 million." 

It was the highest price ever paid at auction for a Chinese antiquity!!!

'The vase dated from the period of the emperor Qianlong, who reigned from 1735 to 1796, at the height of the Qing dynasty. He vastly expanded China’s western territories and left a legacy as a great patron of Chinese arts, including ceramics. Experts who have examined the vase, which bore an imperial seal, have said it was likely to have been made for one of the imperial palaces.'



What is in your mummy's attic?

Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her BLOG..... Interior Design, Palm Beach, Boca Raton,Ft.Lauderdale,Design Service, Window Treatments, TurnKey Interior Design Service,Paint selection, Floor-Plans,Online Interior Design, chinese vase ,  Qianlong, who reigned from 1735 to 1796 Share/Save/Bookmark

11 comments:

  1. That is beautiful and so different the cut lace porcelain and the
    cloisonne combined, unsual.
    That was a really big price.
    Sorry you won't find it in my attic. The house burnt down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been into our attic....I wonder if any of the previous owners left behind a dirty Chinese vase!!!!!
    I'm off to search now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! Wishing my Mother had an attic right about now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holey Moley!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this story....I am always looking for my fabulous find! xv

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Renee,
    I was watching the auction on the news....it was incredible. It was bought by a Chinese man, wasn't it ? How wonderful for the owners....their lives will be changed.
    I'm afraid that there wasn't anything like that in my parents loft !! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this on the news..... It seems to be in perfect shape.... Go figure!!!!!!xo Maryanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, my 'mummy' doesn't have anything like that I can be sure! She does have some lovelies though!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. And the FEES for the sale.

    Breathless too.

    Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

    ReplyDelete


THE COMMENTS ARE WHAT MAKES A GREAT POST!!!

Thanks for participating!!

About Renée Finberg

I have been in this business since the age of 22.

I love what I do and cannot imagine my life without Design.

Design Challenges are great.

And because of those challenges

I have imported fine antique pieces from Paris,

Designed and Manufactured Furniture,

Created Fantastic Window Treatments,

And solved all kinds of spatial & architectural issues

With my unique style.

If I can't find it, I create it.

My rooms would make excellent movie sets.

I am a visual, tactile and audio sensitive individual.

Creating is what I live for, not math, not spelling, not science.

Just Great Design.

Just imagine how it would be if each of us,

If only for a few hours of everyday,We could be in a space that is our very own.A place that is exactly the way we want it to be

Surrounded by all the things we wanted to see,

The atmosphere we wanted feel, smell and the sound we wanted to listen to.

Private Paradise

AS FEATURED IN:

AS FEATURED IN:

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Adventures in Design by Renee Finberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.reneefinberg.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at reneefinberg@gmail.ocm.

Protected Journalist