Share This

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Got A Shovel?


I kept rolling around in bed last night 
waking occasionally in fear 
Did I order a table for a client
that is too big for the space? 
It is going into a 2 walled banquette area 
that is in a family room. 
The area is adjacent to a passage way.....

I gave into the clients pressure 
to order this pedestal table because 
of the specific look.
'Pottery Barn-ish'
I guess the worst that will happen 
is that we can pop the top off and re-size it.

I hate this......
as I am typing 
I am freaking internally.

I found the long blurb below 
by happenstance 
 and thought it was interesting.
Maybe you will too.
huh? maybe??????
YOU perfect blogger you!!!


Fear of Failure:
Perfectionists are also much more afraid to fail than are high achievers. Because they place so much stock in results and become so disappointed by anything less than perfection, failure becomes a very scary prospect. And, since anything less than perfection is seen as ‘failure’, this can lead to…

It seems paradoxical that perfectionists would be prone to procrastination, as that trait can be detrimental to productivity, but perfectionism and procrastination do tend to go hand in hand. This is because, fearing failure as they do, perfectionists will sometimes worry so much about doing something imperfectly that they become immobilized and fail to do anything at all! This leads to more feelings of failure, and a vicious cycle is thus perpetuated.

Perfectionism is one of the traits associated with obsessional behavior and like obsessionality is also believed to be regulated by the basal ganglia. (so this is the problem area)


Sometimes 
I just want to dig that thing 
out of my head!!!!!


Gotta a shovel??
XXX's just me

Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her BLOG..... Interior Design, Palm Beach, Boca Raton,Ft.Lauderdale,Design Service, Window Treatments, TurnKey Interior Design Service,Paint selection, Floor-Plans,Online Interior Design,  perfectionism,client pressure, Got A Shovel, fear of failure Share/Save/Bookmark

20 comments:

  1. Ahha! Now I know why I can't finish our cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU...THANK YOU....THANK YOU!!!! I feel....a tad bit better! I have these feelings ALL the time. I am usually paralyzed until just before a deadline. I put so much thought and worry into everything. I want everyone to be happy and love it as much as I do. I might call my doctor today to see about removing my BG.Or...I may just procrastinate....K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I have that too. But a shovel would be too big. Perhaps you would like a scalpel instead? Enjoy a beautiful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. jules...............
    it can be paralyzing.

    just go for it!!!

    xxx me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll let you use my shovel..
    Mamma

    Your OK and I'm OK
    XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did not know that procrastination and perfectionism were entwined. I too am a big hot mess.....

    But we're adorable aren't we? Please say we are!

    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. debbie,

    yes we are ADORABLE!!!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I did this WITHOUT professional help: I ordered a tall bookcase, shorter than my ceiling, what could go wrong? Not enough ceiling to raise up the sucker! Now it goes to my 9' dining room...and the dominoes continue to fall. EGADS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm adorable too! I know very well perfectionism and procrastination. And 'dang' I hate that second 'P'!

    R...don't sweat the decision...I know you did it PERFECTLY!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What do you know...I thought I was just lazy!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Renee You hit the nail on the head!!
    bugger.. that is why I kill myself with work... but you knew that.. hehe

    I say shovel sound just about perfect!!! Hang.. did I type this correctly? ...or.. could some other instrument do the job better? Maybe I should research this and then act when I know I have all the facts and that I will do the best job.. hahahahaha

    Have fun .. don't worry too much.. xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Renee,

    Hope that it all worked out well for you.
    I am sure like Audrey, you could not do any wrong.

    Happy Thursday
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is it just me or do I detect a whole lot more crazy control-freak perfectionsists around these days? I honestly don't think you fall into this category mate, so don't worry. Kick back & relax, what will be, will be.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. So THAT'S why so many people are walking around with holes in the base of their head?!

    I have a mutant form...procrastination without the perfectionism trait. I think I was gyped!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Renee,

    I call these times my "hot flashes of inspiration" and treat it like art and let it transform the whole situation. It happens for a reason called intense focus. Your all ok and just special forces of nature Beautiful Women enjoy your uniqueness.

    Bette

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tell whats; give a shovel too and we both dig each others ganglia out LoL
    Love you crazy posts...fab.blog.
    Will follow because as now we have to dig each others ganglia out I have to!
    LoL
    hugs
    lila

    ReplyDelete
  17. i feel your pain---i have basically given up trying to sleep the night before an installation of anything custom. the last installation of 6 inside mount shades almost made my head explode.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved all the comments on this one!
    And like everyone else, I believe everything worked out well & fine for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. design optimist

    omg.
    i feel your pain as well.
    i just went through the 'inside mount' nightmare last month
    and did a pretty funny post on it.

    but it didn't help the reality of it.

    this clients house i am definitely doing OUTSIDE mount.
    that way....
    a blind man without arms couldn't screw it up.

    right??
    thanks for coming over xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How did you know me THAT well?! (:

    I am trying to to shaken things up a little not be so stuck in "it has to be a certain way". It is sontime consuming and at times so boring. A big shovel is needed here as well...

    Now, how did it go w. the table? A lot of lost sleep over nothing, I am almost certain!

    Happy new week to you.

    ox, Mon

    http://www.splendidwillow.com

    ReplyDelete


THE COMMENTS ARE WHAT MAKES A GREAT POST!!!

Thanks for participating!!

About Renée Finberg

I have been in this business since the age of 22.

I love what I do and cannot imagine my life without Design.

Design Challenges are great.

And because of those challenges

I have imported fine antique pieces from Paris,

Designed and Manufactured Furniture,

Created Fantastic Window Treatments,

And solved all kinds of spatial & architectural issues

With my unique style.

If I can't find it, I create it.

My rooms would make excellent movie sets.

I am a visual, tactile and audio sensitive individual.

Creating is what I live for, not math, not spelling, not science.

Just Great Design.

Just imagine how it would be if each of us,

If only for a few hours of everyday,We could be in a space that is our very own.A place that is exactly the way we want it to be

Surrounded by all the things we wanted to see,

The atmosphere we wanted feel, smell and the sound we wanted to listen to.

Private Paradise

AS FEATURED IN:

AS FEATURED IN:

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Adventures in Design by Renee Finberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.reneefinberg.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at reneefinberg@gmail.ocm.

Protected Journalist