Share This

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Winter Fest In Camden Maine 2013

Camden Light House

On our way to 
Winter Fest In Camden Maine 2013.
It is so darn cold and I have been dying to get out of the house....
but my fingers and the tip of my nose get so cold they feel like they will
break off.

Camden Maine Harbor as seen from in front of the lovely Library.


The first ice sculpture....in front of the harbor entrance.


You can do ice carving yourself.
You just need to ask for a block to carve.
The teens are having so much fun.


On the right you can see the harbor and the tiny rink that the city puts up for the Village to enjoy through the coldest months.
Pretty sweet and small townie.
I love this.


My Mom and I arrived early..........to get a primo parking space.
Not too many people around yet.


We had the best fish and chips while looking out of this window.
**Haddock - My Fave
This is exactly where a river meets the ocean.
The river is dropping over the still water and running into the sea on the right side of this image.


Then we crossed the street to my favorite coffee chop/bakery/lunch spot.


This is so hip & Mainie


Look carefully....
you can see my rare illusive bird: 
Yvonne Rosenfield from http://lapetitegallery.blogspot.com/
my MOM.



I swear....I didn't tell her to lick the ice.
I thought about it....
but she just did it on her on.
I thought her tongue would stick.
Not So!


This is the rink and the ice carving event.
Much more people.
Much.
It was great.
So Cute & Sweet.


In addition there was a jazz performance inside the Camden Library.
These guys were great!
I mean it.
There is so much hidden talent in these snowy hills on the ocean.
Who KNEW???

Honestly,
it was the best day I have had in quite a while.

xox's




Follow Me on Pinterest Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Blog of her Adventures in Design,Boca Raton and Camden Maine, All Interior Design Services,Camden winter Festival 2013, jazz at camden library, ice craving, Camden winter Festival 2013, jazz at camden library, ice craving

6 comments:

  1. Yahoooooootie! A good day for Renee. I am so happy for you. Choose happy my friend.
    Much love.
    Di
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearing its the best day you had in a while made me smile. I am so happy to hear it..and you know what I am a little jealous of your good day. It looks like soooooo much fun! From the ice sculpting to being in the beautiful outdoors, the charming coffee shop, a jazz band..it looks like a perfect day. Glad you enjoyed and the best is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful day out Renee...it looks like you are settling in. Best wishes...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. and.. the sun was shining!!! Lovely post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee, This was a swell post
    I did one on this but not as nice as yours.
    We had a fun Day , next the USA Toboggan Races

    Mama xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camden looks so beautiful in the winter! i have only spent one Christmas in maine, and it truly was magical.
    No snow here...the pudding looks divine

    ReplyDelete


THE COMMENTS ARE WHAT MAKES A GREAT POST!!!

Thanks for participating!!

About Renée Finberg

I have been in this business since the age of 22.

I love what I do and cannot imagine my life without Design.

Design Challenges are great.

And because of those challenges

I have imported fine antique pieces from Paris,

Designed and Manufactured Furniture,

Created Fantastic Window Treatments,

And solved all kinds of spatial & architectural issues

With my unique style.

If I can't find it, I create it.

My rooms would make excellent movie sets.

I am a visual, tactile and audio sensitive individual.

Creating is what I live for, not math, not spelling, not science.

Just Great Design.

Just imagine how it would be if each of us,

If only for a few hours of everyday,We could be in a space that is our very own.A place that is exactly the way we want it to be

Surrounded by all the things we wanted to see,

The atmosphere we wanted feel, smell and the sound we wanted to listen to.

Private Paradise

AS FEATURED IN:

AS FEATURED IN:

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Adventures in Design by Renee Finberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.reneefinberg.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at reneefinberg@gmail.ocm.

Protected Journalist