Share This

Saturday, March 1, 2014

What You Do Can With WOOD Flooring Materials


I have fallen in love with wood all over again.


I sell all sorts of ways to cover your floors....
Real hardwood flooring is gorgeous but requires a great deal of care.
Just think of how you need to protect your fine furniture from everyday 
wear and tear.
You use coasters right?
You don't through your car keys on your dining room table,
right?
You wouldn't allow your dog to run across your dining room table either,
It would scratch it.
Well.....
imagine you now have a whole house or room to care for in the same way.

This is something I could not deal with.


Laminate and vinyl flooring has come a long way.
Not to mention porcelain wood tiles for the floor.


You can run your flooring up the walls.



Vinyl wood tiles


Love this chevron patterned wood floor.
(and my colors....black & white)


More ways to have your wood floor installed.


they will also install wood flooring like this ( above).


If I had this beautiful wood floor.....
and someone came to my house and had a tiny pebble 
stuck in the sole of their shoe
and proceeded to walk all over the house with me -
there would be a deep scratch all over the wood floor.
OMG!!!

You say...."well, just sand it and refinish it"
NOT!
You would never get the finish to match exactly.
This would just flip me out.
That is all I would see when I walked in the room.

This is why I think all the other wood floor alternatives are the best options.
*Laminate, porcelain and vinyl wood floors
Sanity!


On the left of this picture are cobble real wood tiles.


These are also cobble real wood tiles


Wood just gives atmosphere to a space.
A warmth.
The coziness that I crave.


Cross sections of lumber and cross sections of twigs.


You can also lay your wood floor symmetrically.
It's a great look. 
*There is an example in one of the pictures at the beginning of this post.
4th down


Porcelain Wood flooring


More porcelain wood tiles


Yes. This is porcelain too.


Here the wood flooring is run right up the walls.
Love It.


Here beautiful laminate flooring can be applied to the walls.
Laminate flooring comes in all types of finishes and colors as do
real wood planks, vinyl wood flooring and porcelain tiles.



Real wood tiles.


I adore how this wood is applied to the floor.
It can go contemporary or traditional.



Cut wood planks stacked to create a wall covering.


*Here's another tip

You can use laminate or vinyl wood flooring to make a table or desk top.


There is just so much you can do with wood flooring!!

You really must go to see my favorite wood and vinyl flooring site.
They have gorgeous real wood floors and to EXACTLY match the have vinyl wood floors to use when you get to the kitchens and bathrooms.
GO HERE Du Chateau Floors

                                                      Renee XXX's

PS
Let us know of any other great ideas you may have for using wood flooring.

Follow Me on Pinterest Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Blog of her Adventures in Design, Boca Raton and Rockport and Camden Maine, All Interior Design Services,Laminate and vinyl flooring , porcelain wood tiles, wood tiles, cobble wood tiles, laminate and vinyl wood flooring,Laminate and vinyl flooring , porcelain wood tiles, wood tiles, cobble wood tiles, laminate and vinyl wood flooring,What You Do Can  With WOOD Flooring Materials, What You Do Can  With WOOD Flooring Materials

6 comments:

  1. R...A woman after my own heart ! It was "wood" that brought me back to blogging month ago! I have several posts in the wings concerning my love of all things wood. Great pics! Bravo! (as usual) k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Saturday morning to you, Renee!

    The wood, laminate and tile samples you show are amazing! I've never seen so much gorgeous variety in wood patterns!

    You are right about every single thing you said about the caution/care necessary to keep wood floors from getting scratched; and refinishing with all the dust involved is a total pain in the behind.

    Cleaning tile is far easier and it doesn't scratch from dog paws, and laminates are usually less expensive than wood,
    true. So for some people they are perfect choices. Especially the beautiful ones you have shown here.

    But I have a bad lower back, and tile and laminates are just too hard for me, even standing on them for two minutes brings on the beginning of an ache.
    Nothing feels as soft as real wood floors underneath, 3/4" thick with a 3/4" subfloor.

    (I'm even asking my general contractor this time for an 'aerobic' floor, (like they have on basketball courts in terms of install) where they put a clip or spacer or something in between the layers so you have just a little bit more 'give' when you are walking or standing on them.)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee

    I am crazy about the options available for wood porcelain tile. We are using some in our Tahoe project. They are so practical...look great...and a great price point as you know! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee,
    I'm in the flooring industry and this is one of the best posts to date. Visually artistic with fearless design. BRAVO!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee I love the tree cut floor and the spanish tile.
    Wonderful,
    this is such a beautiful way to make a charming and warm look.
    Bravo!
    Mamma

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing, and completely changed the look of the corner. Congratulations.



    Garden designer Norwich & Timber Decking Norwich

    ReplyDelete


THE COMMENTS ARE WHAT MAKES A GREAT POST!!!

Thanks for participating!!

About Renée Finberg

I have been in this business since the age of 22.

I love what I do and cannot imagine my life without Design.

Design Challenges are great.

And because of those challenges

I have imported fine antique pieces from Paris,

Designed and Manufactured Furniture,

Created Fantastic Window Treatments,

And solved all kinds of spatial & architectural issues

With my unique style.

If I can't find it, I create it.

My rooms would make excellent movie sets.

I am a visual, tactile and audio sensitive individual.

Creating is what I live for, not math, not spelling, not science.

Just Great Design.

Just imagine how it would be if each of us,

If only for a few hours of everyday,We could be in a space that is our very own.A place that is exactly the way we want it to be

Surrounded by all the things we wanted to see,

The atmosphere we wanted feel, smell and the sound we wanted to listen to.

Private Paradise

AS FEATURED IN:

AS FEATURED IN:

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Adventures in Design by Renee Finberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.reneefinberg.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at reneefinberg@gmail.ocm.

Protected Journalist