Share This

Sunday, April 5, 2015

My New Kitchen Plan


Well, I am barely surviving this winter. Of course as soon as I returned from Boca Raton I got very sick with a .... WTF crazy virus, cold, stomach bug. 
And now David ( new husband) has it too.
(at least he knows I wasn't faking it)

We are in the process of ripping the back of this tiny cottage's ass off.
The back of the cottage consist of a frighteningly disgusting kitchen, 
a tiny back bedroom behind the wall of the kitchen, 
and another tiny room to the side of the kitchen.
I am blowing out all walls to make one small great room.
'GREAT' room sounds nutty considering the size of this house.
It is under 1000 ft.
But I know it is going to be GREAT!
After all it is I who has designed it all.
(please dear g-d ....hear me)


Ikea Kitchen (no farmers sink for me) is what I have decided to go with.
My David is super duper handy. He can do anything.
Ikea makes a very nice product and OMG, cheap.

this is my choice from IKEA for cabinet style
I will only spend 3500.00 on the cabinets instead of the 12000.00 
from quotes that I have rec'd locally.
And let me tell you this, this is a 3rd world up here.
Workmanship is horrible, not to mention...
I haven't found much integrity up here as far as contractors etc.
($$$$$ when it should be  $$) 

There will be no upper cabinets ....windows everywhere.
I am going with a counter depth fridge 
that will have floor to ceiling cabinets on either side for much needed storage.




These are my floors through out the entire cottage including straight into the kitchen.
I already have them in the front of the house which we re-did last summer.
Again I made 3 rooms into one.
It is a huge 'MASTER ROOM' ,
it is a living room and the master bedroom in one. 
I love love love it.
All windows on 3 walls.


I will have an island made out of counter height cabinets that are finished on 3 sides as shown above.
The dining will be a banquette with seat cushions and tons of pillows.

And to finish it off there will be a huge wrap around deck on the back of the house.

So....that's what's going on with me.
How about you?
I would love to hear.

XXX's



Follow Me on Pinterest Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Blog of her Adventures in Design, Boca Raton and Rockport and Camden Maine, All Interior Design Services, kitchen plan,kitchen plan, huge windows for light,ikea,kitchen plan,kitchen plan, huge windows for light,ikea kitchen island ideas,kitchen island ideas

8 comments:

  1. Loving all of this! Yes Ikea has some great things.....the prices can't be beat too! Glad you are doing so well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it will be fabulous! I cannot wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you're back! I just finished my IKEA kitchen and am with ya about the cost. I used Bodbyn in off white , black counters and black chevron small tile, charcoal grout. It is GORGEUS. No farm sink (ick) but a big ass stainless one with removable sink and colander and cutting board. No room for an island though. boo. Glad you are happy and well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ikea kitchens are quite fabulous when used cleverly I reckon (I mean by customising them, rather than going with the all in one Ikea package) and they have come to many a rescue on my projects over the years when the budget is tight. I love all the simple but workable interior fittings and the quality of their Blum hinges.

    Sounds like a fun project - I look forward to seeing how fabulous it will all turn out to be, which I have no doubt it will achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every project you do is fantastic, Guess what French Basketeer has my perfume,Bellodgia/Caron
    I just had a weird attack after I left your post, it was call microsoft, error blue screen.. I just shut down
    never OK or called the number. Weird????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you survived the winter. Will be interested in your new kitchen. I'm working on plans to overhaul ours and add on. Your design selections are right down my alley. Love the Ikea cabinets and white kitchens. David is dishy, by the way. heh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, the light you will have.

    Love a home when even the air inside seems designed to be beautiful & serene.

    Light.

    Moving house, hour east of my home.

    Tears daily on the widest range of topics. Who knew? Hard leaving after 3 decades, but time.

    Garden & Be Well, XOT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you are creating large rooms instead of trying to work with what's there. Good husband !!!!
    Sending love, Renee, from flood-drenched Houston

    ReplyDelete


THE COMMENTS ARE WHAT MAKES A GREAT POST!!!

Thanks for participating!!

About Renée Finberg

I have been in this business since the age of 22.

I love what I do and cannot imagine my life without Design.

Design Challenges are great.

And because of those challenges

I have imported fine antique pieces from Paris,

Designed and Manufactured Furniture,

Created Fantastic Window Treatments,

And solved all kinds of spatial & architectural issues

With my unique style.

If I can't find it, I create it.

My rooms would make excellent movie sets.

I am a visual, tactile and audio sensitive individual.

Creating is what I live for, not math, not spelling, not science.

Just Great Design.

Just imagine how it would be if each of us,

If only for a few hours of everyday,We could be in a space that is our very own.A place that is exactly the way we want it to be

Surrounded by all the things we wanted to see,

The atmosphere we wanted feel, smell and the sound we wanted to listen to.

Private Paradise

AS FEATURED IN:

AS FEATURED IN:

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Adventures in Design by Renee Finberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.reneefinberg.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at reneefinberg@gmail.ocm.

Protected Journalist