Share This

Saturday, April 14, 2012

SHOE REPAIR - It Is Emotionally Ugly Stuff

Maybe it’s the last pair of shoes you have with BOTH heals attached{wouldn't That be great}
or Maybe it’s you don’t have the time or money to repair them.
This seems small and insignificant ….I am sure to some.
But it is not.




My elegant grandmother would never have worn any shoe like that out of the house .
She by no means had money.
But she was elegant….the likes of which I have yet to see in my lifetime.
*Including NYC.



One lost black tap on the back heel of a high heel….
There would be the metal clicking on the floor with every step you take.
It has happened to me with 3 pair of shoes recently.
I am at my wits end.



I refuse to wear them.
THAT SOUND!!!!!
When will I ever get them fixed?
Where is the time.
Or will my walk be a walk of subtle shame?
Could I bare it??? I don’t think so –

EVER BEEN THERE?




Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Blog of her Adventures in Design,Owner of 'The Trade' Interiors, ,Boca Raton,Palm Beach,Boca Raton Florida,All custom upholstery,case-goods,window treatments,Antiques, Accessories and Antique accessories, built-ins, and all built in seating, bedding and pillows,Roseta Santiago Works Of Art, shoe repair, SHOE REPAIR - It Is Emotionally Ugly Stuff, SHOE REPAIR - It Is Emotionally Ugly Stuff

7 comments:

  1. Maybe in BOCA they think like that.
    I would never be ashamed to replace a heel. It happens to everyone. Shoe makers used to streach a shoe also. Welcome to the real world. All New Yorkers do it too. Having a well fitting shoe is worth saving. I just never heard it as a topic. It's become a throw away world, shoes- TV's and parents. Your Godfather had Houston Shoe Repair company. They had a lot of shops. Hope you find a good cobbler. Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. La petite
    Clearly you missed the 'Bones' of this story.
    better luck next time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I hate it when this happens. Put some medical tape on the bottom of the heel until you get there. You can paint it with shoe polish to match. Happens to my daughter too, and this is what we do until she comes home for break, and then Mom (me) takes them to the shop.
    Happy Saturday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee, also it is difficult to actually find a shoe repair these days. One of those lost services. We do have on a couple of miles from me.

    It is usually something I do with my best quality shoes and bags. You will find me running in and begging them to be done by the next evening! Ha!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes been there, if its a really good pair I will do what it takes to ensure they get a second life...if not then bye bye. I HATE seeing a shoe/heel in tattered condition being worn, think it was ingrained in me by my mother....def a pet peeve. Thankfully I dont' wear heels often at all anymore, so its kind of a non issue....never have that problem with wedges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahahh Renee,you think of the best post ever,lol:).I also hate that sound,dont wear heels too often though.Hope you can get them fixed soon.Have a great Sunday,cold n rainy over here:(..xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Girlie...some dry cleaners offer shoe repair too! Check your locals...go get 'em fixed, no need wasting perfectly good shoes!
    xo

    ReplyDelete


THE COMMENTS ARE WHAT MAKES A GREAT POST!!!

Thanks for participating!!

About Renée Finberg

I have been in this business since the age of 22.

I love what I do and cannot imagine my life without Design.

Design Challenges are great.

And because of those challenges

I have imported fine antique pieces from Paris,

Designed and Manufactured Furniture,

Created Fantastic Window Treatments,

And solved all kinds of spatial & architectural issues

With my unique style.

If I can't find it, I create it.

My rooms would make excellent movie sets.

I am a visual, tactile and audio sensitive individual.

Creating is what I live for, not math, not spelling, not science.

Just Great Design.

Just imagine how it would be if each of us,

If only for a few hours of everyday,We could be in a space that is our very own.A place that is exactly the way we want it to be

Surrounded by all the things we wanted to see,

The atmosphere we wanted feel, smell and the sound we wanted to listen to.

Private Paradise

AS FEATURED IN:

AS FEATURED IN:

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Adventures in Design by Renee Finberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.reneefinberg.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at reneefinberg@gmail.ocm.

Protected Journalist