Share This

Monday, January 12, 2009

How Great Is This ? ' Spoonflower's' Custom Fabrics

We 'creatives' are always coming up with great ideas.
This one, to me is one that has been long over due. Just one of the reasons is because these fabrics are milled ( or Mfg. ) in North Carolina, which brings jobs to the area. North Carolina was filled with fabric mills when I was a kid, but not today.
We had a summer home there, it is now a well known ( and beautiful ) bed & breakfast called The Orchard Inn ( in Saluda NC ). www.orchardinn.com/
The place was haunted.

www.spoonflower.com/
All you have to do is upload your artwork on their site. They will sell you a sample for $8 that is 8" x 8".
To get this done it is only something like $18 a yard.

"HUH ??? "
Yes !
This company probably popped up because of all the 'INDIE CRAFTS'. Whatever the reason, it is a WINNER in my designer eyes & mind.
Think of the things you can do . There is no Limit.

Below you will find a very small sampling of some of my fave blog logos/banners and their links.

http://mrsblandings.blogspot.com/
These logos/banners are so fabulous. Talk about "ready to upload" artwork.....we have it.
www.theparisapartment.com/
You have got to see Miss Claudia's website.

Joni, Instead of a toile room or car , how about a ' Cote de Texas ' world ??? LOL ( xx )

http://fififlowersdecor.blogspot.com/
Fifi, I expect you will have fun with this.
We love exposure.


Little Indie Pugs.

If you want to look at some of the fabrics go here:

I apologize for some of the links not working, I get my computer back tomorrow.
( enlarge any picture for more info and a closer look )

Renee Finberg ' TELLS ALL' in her blog of Adventures in Design

6 comments:

  1. Renee~ I love those fabrics- especially the starfish and other fish-critters!
    I need to redesign my header at some point- there are some very clever ones.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh -i so need to work on a banner for my blog....one of these days I'll get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of bags! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG... you have NO idea HOW GREAT THIS INFO IS!!! I had someone ask me if I could make a few of my Coco Chanel motif designs into fabric! I will have to look into this! I'm honored to be on your site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fifi,

    i knew you would go nutty !
    is it not great stuff , hhmmmm?


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this type bag and fabric ......click on http://www.weaveron.com/

    ReplyDelete


THE COMMENTS ARE WHAT MAKES A GREAT POST!!!

Thanks for participating!!

About Renée Finberg

I have been in this business since the age of 22.

I love what I do and cannot imagine my life without Design.

Design Challenges are great.

And because of those challenges

I have imported fine antique pieces from Paris,

Designed and Manufactured Furniture,

Created Fantastic Window Treatments,

And solved all kinds of spatial & architectural issues

With my unique style.

If I can't find it, I create it.

My rooms would make excellent movie sets.

I am a visual, tactile and audio sensitive individual.

Creating is what I live for, not math, not spelling, not science.

Just Great Design.

Just imagine how it would be if each of us,

If only for a few hours of everyday,We could be in a space that is our very own.A place that is exactly the way we want it to be

Surrounded by all the things we wanted to see,

The atmosphere we wanted feel, smell and the sound we wanted to listen to.

Private Paradise

AS FEATURED IN:

AS FEATURED IN:

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her Adventures in Design by Renee Finberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.reneefinberg.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at reneefinberg@gmail.ocm.

Protected Journalist